When the society was first set up its annual year ran from 1 July to 30 June. In 2014 this was changed to 1 January to 31 December. Annual fees are due on 1 January each year from 2015 onwards. They can be paid in advance of this 1 January but they must be paid by no later than 28 February each year.
There are two types of members of the society. Members and Temporary Members. All people who take part in society competitions and other events will be either Members or Temporary Members of the society.
For the period from 2011 to 2016 the annual membership fee is 20 euros.
The same membership fee applies to golfers and non-golfers. Note that non-golfers who are members must be partners or close relatives of a playing member of the society.
People who do not wish to become members of the society may still play in most of the society competitions as Temporary Members.
Temporary members pay a weekly fee each time they play in a competition. For the normal Friday competitions (and summer Tuesday competitions) the temporary membership fee is 5 euros more than members pay (e.g. 10 euros each Friday with members paying 5 euros).
For major competitions such as the Woodsly Cup, UK&I vs. ROW etc. Temporary Members will pay at least 10 euros more than members for each competition.
For Sunday competitions where there are considerable prizes available to the winners (e.g. gift vouchers for meals to the value of 50 euros and other gift vouchers) there is a premium to be paid by Temporary Members. Members pay 5 euros to enter and Temporary Members 15 euros.
Temporary Members will also pay a premium for entering all other events organised by the society.
- All members (Members and Temporary Members) will play off a handicap allocated by the society. Members will play off their society handicaps which will alter each time they play in a society competition. Temporary Member will be allocated a handicap at the discretion of the committtee.
- Members will have priority access for entry in all competitions. If space is available in any particular competition Temporary Members will be invited to take part.
- Members who play in regular Friday golf competitions (and summer Tuesday competitions) will pay 5 euros less per weekly competition compared with Temporary Members.
- Members who take part in the more major golf competitions will get a discount of at least 10 euros compared with Temporary Members in each competition. Members who only wish to attend dinners after major golf competitions will also get a discount of at least 10 euros compared with Temporary Members who only attend the dinner.
- Members who play in Sunday golf competitions will pay 5 euros and Temporary Members/Guests will pay 15 euros.
- There may be some competitions that are only available to Members.
- If the society organises any non-golfing events that include an entry fee (e.g. boule competitions etc.) Members will also be guaranteed priority access and lower entry fees for such events compared with Temporary Members.
Discounts at local bars and restaurants
The society has negotiated discounts for members at a number of bars and restaurants in Almerimar. See the Partners page for more details.
To receive the discount members need to show their up to date membership card (available for collection on payment of annual membership fee).
Discount golf rates
The society is negotiating discounted golf rates for members at a number of local courses. Further details will be published here in due course.
The standard FGS deal for 2016 is 30 euros a green fee all year round (normally 45 euros).
There is also a special FGS deal for 2016 where you can purchase green fees for Alborán direct from the society at a cost of 20 euros a round. Please contact the committee for details. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE THESE GREEN FEES IN ADVANCE FROM THE SOCIETY. YOU CANNOT JUST CONTACT ALBORAN OR TURN UP AT ALBORAN AND EXPECT TO USE THIS DEAL.
|Almerimar||2016 - Green fee: 40 euros + 1.70 insurance (until end December 2016). Buggy 28 euros (until end December 2016).
2016 - TBD
|La Envía||There is also a special FGS deal for 2016 where you can purchase green fees for La Envía direct from the society at a cost of 20 euros a round. Please contact the committee for details. (Buggies cost 25 euros when using one of these green fees.) PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE THESE GREEN FEES IN ADVANCE FROM THE SOCIETY. YOU CANNOT JUST CONTACT ALBORAN OR TURN UP AT ALBORAN AND EXPECT TO USE THIS DEAL.|
The deal for 2016 is as follows:
10 green fee - 250€. Only to play in afternoon time from October to April, and free booking the rest of the year.
If your group is coming to play one day:
Oct, Nov, Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr price per green fee 36€, buggy 20€
Dec, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep price per green fee 33€, buggy 20€
|Valle del Este||No specific deal for FGS in 2016.|
To receive the discount members need to show their up to date membership card.