Having looked at the weather forecast for tomorrow we have decided to cancelled the FGS Friday competition scheduled for 8 January 2016.
We consulted a number of weather websites and the majority have predicted wind of around 7 m/s (25 km/h) in the afternoon. This is on the edge of being playable if the wind is reasonably constant.
The issue is that specialist wind website windfinder.com has this forecast for Almerimar tomorrow. This has a higher wind speed of 19 knots (around 10 m/s and 35 km/h) tomorrow afternoon. This is a higher estimate than all of the other sites. However the killer issue is that windfinder says that the wind will be very gusty with wind gusts of up to 24 knots (over 44 km/h or 12 m/s).
With Friday competitions there is a lot of work goes in to selecting the teams, buying the bottles and preparing the scorecards etc. It is not like an individual competition where if half the people decide to drop out the competition can still easily go ahead.
For this reason we have cancelled the FGS competition tomorrow.
For those people still wishing to play tomorrow tee times are available from 11:22. So it you just fancy having a knock around you can take one of these times.
Hopefully things will be back to normal next week.